Gluten Free Cup Cake at "My Sweetopia"

Gluten Free Cup Cake at "My Sweetopia"
The girls at "My Sweetopia" always like to make a special GF cupcake for Angus!

Monday, January 7, 2013

Jam Drops - made by Cameron

Today we are busy trying to keep food up to my coeliac, type one diabetic husband who is busy laying down cement floors for our two bathrooms and laundry which are yet to be tiled. (Fun holiday project - not!) It's his third day and he's nearly done - but burning through his sugars really fast. I'm a bit over cooking today as I have experimented with summer fruit pie, different breads and some peach scones in the last few days, so I sent Cameron (11) off to the kitchen to make Jam Drops. We have a tried and tested recipe that we use from the Sally Wise cookbook, "From My Kitchen to Yours", which is full of gluten-free recipes that she devised to help feed her coeliac daughter. Sally is well known for her preserving and slow-cooker cookbooks. Cameron managed to make a really nice batch with not too much help from me, apart from the cleaning up of course....I think that there was more coconut spread over the floor and benches than there was on the Jam Drops!

I came across Sally's book when I was trying to find a recipe for gluten free pasta. She has a blog which you can find at http://www.sallywise.com.au/category/blog/ and there are a whole bunch of recipes there. I've yet to try making her pasta recipe, but am determined to give it a go when things settle down on the renovation front. I was able to find her recipe book in an ABC Store and have been successful with pretty much everything I've tried. (Love the upside down pear cake!). One problem with the Jam Drops - they're all gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment